I'm Christine Bachtel
LICENSED PROFESSIONAL COUNSELOR
CERTIFICATE IN PLAY THERAPY
Growing up in this fast- paced world can leave children feeling overwhelmed, frustrated and unsure of their place in this world. I want to help your child learn ways to cope with these pressures in life in a developmentally appropriate and healthy way.
I have been in education working with children since 1998. My passion has been to help children learn to be the best version of themselves while instilling the love of learning along the way. Through the years, life has become more demanding and technologically driven. I have watched many children and their parents struggle to cope and keep up with the demands of home, school and life in general.
Knowing how children develop and learn, I knew it was essential that children first need to have their emotional needs met as well as learn to self-regulate. This has been increasingly difficult for families to attain as parents work to provide the basic needs for their families. This prompted me to go back to school and earn my counseling degree. I now strive to help children and their families learn healthy ways to cope with the stresses of life in a developmentally appropriate and balanced manner.
I am a Kansas Native. I am married to Jeff and we have 4 wonderful children together (and 5 dogs!). Most of my free time is spent watching my children do the activities they enjoy. Our favorite pastime as a family is to watch movies and catch up on our TV shows that we miss throughout the week! Any free time I may encounter, I enjoy reading, scrapbooking and spending time with family and friends.
- 1998 graduate of Emporia State University: Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education with an emphasis in Early Childhood
- 2005 graduate of University of Kansas: Master of Science in Curriculum; Instruction with a Reading Specialist Endorsement
- 2017 graduate of MidAmerica Nazarene University: Master of Arts in Counseling with an emphasis in School Counseling;
- 2017 graduate of MidAmerica Nazarene University: Certificate in Play Therapy
- Conscious Disipline
- American Counseling Association (ACA)
- American School Counselor Association (ASCA)